Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here We Go Again

I decided to start a blog dedicated to our third adoption. It will be more of a journal as we wait and anticipate and also another resource for birthparents to access us and to learn a little more about us.

I was talking with a friend the other day about a 20/20 episode I just watched about a birthmom and her process of interviewing 5 adoptive couples and how she chose one. I felt like I was going through our 1st and 2nd adoptions again and was reminded of the intense emotions you feel, the fervent prayers that take over your life, and the desire to just know what to say and know what is going to happen. Infertility is a struggle but so is the adoption process...just a different kind. Now that we are to the waiting stage again, all these emotions are flooding back. You wish there was some way to bypass all of it to just get your baby but it is impossible to discount all a birthmom goes through and the spiritual experiences that happen in between. Bittersweet is such an understatement.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I can't wait- you guys are so awesome and I know that you are wonderful parents. If it is the Lord's desire I know you will have another- we only hope 'she' comes fast. (Although I know you'd take a 'he' too) :)

Jenny Martin said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story. It's wonderful to be able to share this experience with your family and I know that whoever the Lord wants to be with you will be very blessed.