Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bella

So I stopped by the Redbox tonite to see if anything looked good. There wasn't a whole lot in. I noticed a movie called Bella and from the little bit it said about it, it looked ok so I got it. It's a drama that had totally unknown characters. It's pretty slow moving but I thought the actors in it were really amazing and I love deep story lines and good acting.

You find out right in the beginning that the main girl is pregnant. Not till halfway through do you even hear the word adoption and by the end, it just surprises you how much adoption played a huge part in all these people's lives. The thing that really moved me is all the different experiences these people had in their lives separately and how it all brought them together in the end. A girl who has no desire to keep her baby becomes friends with a guy who quietly listens and then offers different choices to her and his influence changed her life. You don't see the child or even hear her name (Bella) till the last scene of the movie which was so heartwarming and bittersweet. And there I sat bawling on the couch...what a sweet sweet blessing adoption is.


No comments: